- Room: 202 (Folkets Hus)
- August 28, 2022
- Sunday, 16:00PM to 17:30PM
Contact event manager
How can information technologies better support humanitarian actors in identifying imminent disasters?
As part of the World Water Week in Stockholm, Mistra geopolitics researchers will contribute to the organization and delivery of an interactive session focused on how to support humanitarian actors in the identification of imminent disasters and water- and climate-related conflict risks.
1) The need for and use of information in climate-/water- related humanitarian disasters
2) New tools, data and ways of conveying information
3) Institutional/procedural factors influencing the the use of new information for timely and effective decisions and actions.
Following the presentations, there will be concrete questions for the audience to discuss in break-out groups focused on
1) Humanitarian actor information needs
2) New data and information possibilities
3) Addressing other factors hampering the use of new technologies, information and data.
Findings from the break-out groups will be brought together to write an agenda, which will be used to develop information technologies to support humanitarian actors aimed at better addressing climate-/water-related security risks.