- Korsgatan 4 Landshövdingens hage Visby
- July 2, 2018
- Monday, 8:30AM to 10:00AM
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
Almedalen: Speaking responsibly – Sustainability issues a hot topic in election debates?
Korsgatan 4 Landshövdingens hage Visby
Monday, 8:30AM to 10:00AM
July 2, 2018
Stockholm Environment InstituteOrganizer's other events
Welcome to a panel discussion on sustainability issues and the elections. In this year’s Almedalen week, the Stockholm Environment Institute, Hagainitiativet and Mistra Geopolitics have organized this discussion with the aim to inspire and set the tone for discussions during the Almedalen Week. We invite researchers, politicians and business leaders to this high-level seminar, and hope you can participate.
Description of the social issue
Risk and Profitability – Two sides of the same coin, what causes companies to act faster? What responsibility does the sustainable social change policy have? What is the responsibility of industry’s different sectors? What are the risks? Can individuals act and make sustainable decisions without political support? Are sustainability challenges arbitrary?
Never before has our society faced such major challenges – but who has the greatest responsibility to push for change? The climate issue adds to the concern list according to the SOM survey – at the same time, responsibility for both the Paris agreement and Agenda 2030 is divided among many. What does this require in the form of interactions between different sectors? Is the job and growth in social change lost to fossil-free economics? Which industrial sectors will be most important in the conversion? What responsibility do you and I have?
- Louise Karlberg, Center Director, SEI Stockholm
- Åsa Persson, Senior Research Fellow, SEI
- Karin Bäckstrand, Professor at the Department of Political Science, Stockholm University
- Björn-Ola Linnér, Professor at the Centre for Climate Science and Policy Research, Linköping University
- Nina Ekelund, Secretary General Hagainitiativet
- Anders Egelrud, CEO, Stockholm Exergi
- Åsa Domeij, Sustainability Director, Axfood
- Jan Kilström, CEO, Green Cargo
More information is available on the Almedalen 2018 website >